Pages

September 17, 2012

We Had A Ball


We had such a great time Saturday night at the ball!  We had lots of friends there, we made some new ones, and - my favorite part of all - we got to get really dressed up!

Because tickets were slightly expensive and my DH had to get new rank for his mess dress, I decided that I was going to wear a dress I already had and do my own hair. I found a great tutorial for my hair which can be found here. Seriously girls best styling blog ever! I got together with some girlfriends Saturday afternoon for a PartyLite party and showed them what I was going to do with my hair. They were so excited they asked if they could help. It turned into a fun and wonderful girls day in. My dress was a tiny bit stressful too because while I was with the girls we decided that this dress would look better strapless. The look it had was slightly dated. As luck would have it, a mom of one of the ladies at the party (she is also the PartyLite consultant) is a seamstress and was able to alter the dress right then and there! I think it turned out beautifully. Thanks again Connie and all you ladies for helping me get ready for my night out. 

Formal AF events are in my opinion one of the big perks to being in the military. Who else gets to dress up at least once a year in their adult life? Just FYI, the Air Force Ball is around the same time of year, every year, at almost every base. It celebrates the birthday of the AF. I highly recommend going at least once just to have the experience and see your man in his mess dress!



 


No comments: